Light, versatile and astonishingly sharp, this petty is an absolute sensation to use and make short work of your prep.
- Blade Length: 155mm (Measurement of the cutting edge)
- Total Length: 287mm (Blade + Handle)
- Blade width: 2mm (Measured where blade enters handle)
- Blade height: 31.2mm (Heel to spine)
- Total weight: 59 grams
- Steel Type - Cladding: Stainless
- Steel Type - Cutting edge: Super Blue Steel
- Left or Right handed: Either
- Hardness: 62-63 (HRC)
- Handle style: Japanese
- Handle material: Walnut with black buffalo bolster
Product SKU: 9301
Our aim is to measure and photograph all our products as accurately as possible but due to the handmade nature of many items, please be aware that there may be some variance in the measurements and that things such as blade and knife handle patterns can vary and presentation boxes may differ from those shown but we will always endeavour to provide the most accurate measurements, photos and descriptions of our products.
Some measurements such as HRC are provided by the manufacturer and should therefore be used as a guide.
Compatable saya or guard
Master Blacksmith - Made for Hatsukokoro
One of Japan's leading master blacksmiths has created this range for Hatsukokoro and due to existing partnerships between the blacksmith and their other partners we're not able to name him but we are very happy to have this master's work available on our site.