A beautiful limited edition knife from the GS+ range.
This knife is a hybrid of a usuba and a yanagiba making an all purpose knife similar to a gyuto. This particular kiritsuke has a double bevel to suit the western market and a nashiji finish on the upper blade unlike the other knives in this range.
Its looks are similar to the smaller bunka with its reverse tanto profile and indeed it does have the same useful tip for precision work and the flat belly for chopping and push cutting.
Please note that this knife is heavier and has a thicker spine/blade than the others in the GS+ range but the same great looks!
There is a specially made saya to fit this knife.
- Blade Length: 201mm (Measurement of the cutting edge)
- Total Length: 359mm (Blade + Handle)
- Blade width: 2mm (Measured where blade enters handle)
- Blade height: 47mm Heel to spine
- Total weight: 146 grams
- Steel Type - Cladding: Stainless
- Steel Type - Cutting edge: Stainless
- Left or Right handed: Either
- Hardness: 61-62 HRC
- Handle style: Japanese
Our aim is to measure everything as accurately as possible but some specifications (such as hardness for example) are provided by the manufacturer and therefore should be used as a guide only.
Konosuke Knives and Cutlery Company are based in Sakai City and their fit and finish on all their knives is second to none.