This petty from Konosuke is a semi stainless knife, a 3 layer sandwich with the core semi stainless steel clad in a softer steel and machine finished. Incredibly light, this is a very thin laseresque knife that is very sharp.
Finished with a beautiful chestnut octagonal handle made by Studio Khii, the gap where the tang goes into the handle is an aesthetic take on traditional method of handling the knives.
This knife has a corresponding saya designed especially.
- Blade Length: 142mm (Measurement of the cutting edge)
- Total weight: 49 grams
- Steel Type - Cladding: Stainless
- Steel Type - Cutting edge: GS+ Semi Stainless
- Left or Right handed: Either
- Hardness: 61-62 (HRC)
- Handle style: Japanese
- Handle material: Octagonal bamboo from Studio Khii
- Restock Time: 2-3 months Approximate timescale for restocking this knife if stock levels are low
Product SKU: 1351
Our aim is to measure and photograph all our products as accurately as possible but due to the handmade nature of many items, please be aware that there may be some variance in the measurements and that things such as blade and knife handle patterns can vary and presentation boxes may differ from those shown but we will always endeavour to provide the most accurate measurements, photos and descriptions of our products.
Some measurements such as HRC are provided by the manufacturer and should therefore be used as a guide.
Konosuke Knives and Cutlery Company are based in Sakai City and their fit and finish on all their knives is second to none.