One of, if not the most popular knife in the HD2 range.
The iconic HD2 knives by Konosuke are well known for being laser thin and razor sharp. HD2 is a mono steel and for those familiar with the GS+ (a 3 layer steel) the comparison between the two is that these are a little less stainless the the GS+ but will hold an edge for longer, this is due to having more chromium in the steel.
- Blade Length: 232mm (Measurement of the cutting edge)
- Total Length: 390mm (Blade + Handle)
- Blade width: 2mm (Measured where blade enters handle)
- Blade height: 48mm Heel to spine
- Total weight: 140 grams
- Steel Type - Cladding: Stainless
- Steel Type - Cutting edge: Stainless
- Left or Right handed: Either
- Handle style: Japanese
Our aim is to measure everything as accurately as possible but some specifications (such as hardness for example) are provided by the manufacturer and therefore should be used as a guide only.
What you getThey are a mono steeled knife, semi-stainless and are thin, sharp and incredibly light with an octagonal ho wa handle and black buffalo ferrule.
Konosuke Knives and Cutlery Company are based in Sakai City and their fit and finish on all their knives is second to none.