The smallest of the HD2 range, this petty will handle all your small jobs with precision and speed. It is razor sharp and is brilliant for all those in-hand jobs or fiddly prep jobs in the kitchen.
The iconic HD2 knives by Konosuke are well known for being laser thin and razor sharp. HD2 is a mono steel and for those familiar with the GS+ (a 3 layer steel) the comparison between the two is that these are a little less stainless the the GS+ but will hold an edge for longer, this is due to having more chromium in the steel.
Please note: The handle ferrule is different on the petty to the other gyutos in the range.
- Blade Length: 112mm (Measurement of the cutting edge)
- Total Length: 257mm (Blade + Handle)
- Blade width: 2mm (Measured where blade enters handle)
- Blade height: 24mm (Heel to spine)
- Total weight: 52 grams
- Steel Type - Cladding: Stainless
- Steel Type - Cutting edge: Stainless
- Left or Right handed: Either
- Handle style: Japanese
- Handle material: Chestnut or laurel wood
- Restock Time: Up to 6 months Approximate timescale for restocking this knife if stock levels are low
Our aim is to measure everything as accurately as possible but some specifications (such as hardness for example) are provided by the manufacturer and therefore should be used as a guide only.
What you get
Konosuke Knives and Cutlery Company are based in Sakai City and their fit and finish on all their knives is second to none.