Light, nimble and good looking, this tiny petty with its angular tip is perfect for intricate cutting jobs.
The stainless, powdered R2 steel used in the blade construction is very thin which lends itself to taking a very sharp edge and is hard enough to handle daily use without needing to worry about its strength.
There is a specially made saya to fit this knife.
- Blade Length: 147mm (Measurement of the cutting edge)
- Total Length: 280mm (Blade + Handle)
- Blade Thickness: 2mm (Measured level with heel)
- Blade Height: 29mm (Heel to spine)
- Total Weight: 68 grams
- Steel Type - Cladding: Powder
- Steel Type - Core: Powder
- Left or Right handed: Either
- Hardness: 62-63 (HRC)
- Handle Style: Japanese
- Handle Material: Octgonal rosewood
Product SKU: 1652
Our aim is to measure and photograph all our products as accurately as possible but due to the handmade nature of many items, please be aware that there may be some variance in the measurements and that things such as blade and knife handle patterns can vary and presentation boxes may differ from those shown but we will always endeavour to provide the most accurate measurements, photos and descriptions of our products.
Some measurements such as HRC are provided by the manufacturer and should therefore be used as a guide.
Takumi Ikeda/Takayuki Shibata
Made by Takumi Ikeda and sharpened by Shibata san who is one of the top knife sharpeners in Japan.