Outstandingly sharp and with a subtle beauty this is a fantastic every day knife that's starting to become a bit of a collectors piece due to the difficulty of finding supply and we can see why it's so popular.
Product quick view
Want to see a little more of the knife? Check out what the knife looks like in hand and up close.
- Blade Length: 168mm (Measurement of the cutting edge)
- Total Length: 306mm (Blade + Handle)
- Blade width: 2.29mm (Measured where blade enters handle)
- Blade height: 46.7mm (Heel to spine)
- Total weight: 132 grams
- Steel Type - Cladding: Stainless
- Steel Type - Cutting edge: Super Blue Steel
- Left or Right handed: Either
- Hardness: 63-64 (HRC)
- Handle style: Japanese
- Handle material: Octagonal rosewood
Product SKU: 1952
Our aim is to measure and photograph all our products as accurately as possible but due to the handmade nature of many items, please be aware that there may be some variance in the measurements and that things such as blade and knife handle patterns can vary and presentation boxes may differ from those shown but we will always endeavour to provide the most accurate measurements, photos and descriptions of our products.
Some measurements such as HRC are provided by the manufacturer and should therefore be used as a guide.
Compatable saya or guard
Takumi Ikeda/Takayuki Shibata
Made by Takumi Ikeda and sharpened by Shibata san who is one of the top knife sharpeners in Japan.