The smallest of the gyutos in this range, perfect when you want a bit more blade length than a santoku but don't have the prep space.
Made of Aogami blue #2 steel and clad in stainless steel this is knife that has the best of both worlds, the joy of carbon but with the easy to care for addition of stainless cladding.
This is hand-made knife therefore each one is unique, the hammered finish really is a sight to behold, you can really get a sense of the fact that it was hand-made in a forge. Very thin behind the edge with an excellent grind, but that's what you get from a blacksmith with over 50 years experience!
- Blade Length: 180mm (Measurement of the cutting edge)
- Total Length: 355mm (Blade + Handle)
- Blade width: 3mm (Measured where blade enters handle)
- Blade height: 41mm Heel to spine
- Total weight: 139 grams
- Steel Type - Cladding: Stainless
- Steel Type - Cutting edge: Blue Steel#2
- Left or Right handed: Either
- Hardness: 62 HRC
- Handle style: Japanese
Our aim is to measure everything as accurately as possible but some specifications (such as hardness for example) are provided by the manufacturer and therefore should be used as a guide only.
What you get
Knife making is in Anryu-san's blood. A fourth generation knife maker and has been working as a blacksmith for well over 50 years.