Made by veteran blacksmith Hiroshi Kato San this petty is a real beauty. Kiri means mist in Japanese and this is perfectly portrayed by the damascus stainless cladding that protects the VG10 core steel.
This is a low maintenance knife due to being completely stainless, cuts well and will stay sharp for a long time thanks to the qualities of the VG10 core.
- Blade Length: 164mm (Measurement of the cutting edge)
- Total Length: 315mm (Blade + Handle)
- Blade width: 3mm (Measured where blade enters handle)
- Blade height: 58mm Heel to spine
- Total weight: 140 grams
- Steel Type - Cladding: Stainless
- Steel Type - Cutting edge: VG10
- Left or Right handed: Either
- Hardness: 60-62 HRC
- Handle style: Japanese
Our aim is to measure everything as accurately as possible but some specifications (such as hardness for example) are provided by the manufacturer and therefore should be used as a guide only.
What you get
Yoshimi Kato San is the son-in-law of Hiroshi Kato San (who recently took a step backwards after over 50 years as a blacksmith).