The contrast of the highly polished and hammer finished blade and more subtle Japanese handle looks great and the good news is that this is also a well balanced lightweight knife and at the larger end of the "petty" scale it's perfect for a lot of jobs like peeling and chopping smaller items such as fruit and many vegetables.
- Blade Length: 155mm (Measurement of the cutting edge)
- Total Length: 280mm (Blade + Handle)
- Blade height: 29mm Heel to spine
- Total weight: 71 grams
- Steel Type - Cladding: Stainless
- Steel Type - Cutting edge: VG10
- Left or Right handed: Either
- Hardness: 60-61 HRC
- Handle style: Japanese
Our aim is to measure everything as accurately as possible but some specifications (such as hardness for example) are provided by the manufacturer and therefore should be used as a guide only.
Crafted by master blacksmiths and in a range of beautiful styles and steels, Masakage knives blend outstanding quality with value for money.