Beautiful and elegant looks with a lovely feel and balance to this knife make it a great choice for an all round chef knife and a great addition to the ever popular Yuki range.
The Bunka combines the best of the Nakiri and Santoku shapes to create a visually interesting blade that performs excellently preparing both meat and vegetables.
This knife fits in the Kotetsu Bunka saya. Please note that the saya is not made especially for the knife so there is a little bit of wiggle room towards the tip.
- Blade Length: 131mm (Measurement of the cutting edge)
- Total Length: 260mm (Blade + Handle)
- Blade Thickness: 3mm (Measured level with heel)
- Blade Height: 34mm (Heel to spine)
- Total Weight: 75 grams
- Steel Type - Cladding: Stainless
- Steel Type - Core: White #2
- Left or Right handed: Either
- Hardness: 61-63 (HRC)
- Handle Style: Japanese
- Handle Material: Magnolia
- Restock Time: Highly variable, sometimes 6-9 months Approximate timescale for restocking this knife if stock levels are low
Product SKU: 2210
Our aim is to measure and photograph all our products as accurately as possible but due to the handmade nature of many items, please be aware that there may be some variance in the measurements and that things such as blade and knife handle patterns can vary and presentation boxes may differ from those shown but we will always endeavour to provide the most accurate measurements, photos and descriptions of our products.
Some measurements such as HRC are provided by the manufacturer and should therefore be used as a guide.
Yoshimi Kato San is the son-in-law of Hiroshi Kato San (who recently took a step backwards after over 50 years as a blacksmith).