Beautiful and elegant looks with a lovely feel and balance to this knife make it a great choice for an all round chef knife and a great addition to the ever popular Yuki range.
The Bunka combines the best of the Nakiri and Santoku shapes to create a visually interesting blade that performs excellently preparing both meat and vegetables.
This knife fits in the Kotetsu Bunka saya. Please note that the saya is not made especially for the knife so there is a little bit of wiggle room towards the tip.
- Blade Length: 131mm (Measurement of the cutting edge)
- Total Length: 260mm (Blade + Handle)
- Blade width: 3mm (Measured where blade enters handle)
- Blade height: 34mm (Heel to spine)
- Total weight: 75 grams
- Steel Type - Cladding: Stainless
- Steel Type - Cutting edge: White #2
- Left or Right handed: Either
- Hardness: 61-63 (HRC)
- Handle style: Japanese
Our aim is to measure everything as accurately as possible but some specifications (such as hardness for example) are provided by the manufacturer and therefore should be used as a guide only.
What you get
Yoshimi Kato San is the son-in-law of Hiroshi Kato San (who recently took a step backwards after over 50 years as a blacksmith).