Beautiful and elegant looks with a lovely feel and balance to this knife, making it a great choice for an alternative to a petty; it is perfect for little veggies and all those jobs in the hand.
- Blade Length: 131mm (Measurement of the cutting edge)
- Total Length: 260mm (Blade + Handle)
- Blade Thickness: 3mm (Measured level with heel)
- Blade Height: 34mm (Heel to spine)
- Total Weight: 75 grams
- Steel Type - Cladding: Stainless
- Steel Type - Core: White #2
This knife is made from a reactive carbon steel which is not stainless and has some special care instructions and properties – Read our carbon steel care guide here
- Left or Right handed: Either
- Hardness: 61-63 (HRC)
- Handle Style: Japanese
- Handle Material: Magnolia
Product SKU: 2209
Our aim is to measure and photograph all our products as accurately as possible but due to the handmade nature of many items, please be aware that there may be some variance in the measurements and that things such as blade and knife handle patterns can vary and presentation boxes may differ from those shown but we will always endeavour to provide the most accurate measurements, photos and descriptions of our products.
Some measurements such as HRC are provided by the manufacturer and should therefore be used as a guide.
Yoshimi Kato San is the son-in-law of Hiroshi Kato San (who recently took a step backwards after over 50 years as a blacksmith).