Made in small batches by hand in a small forge, every one of the super versatile small santoku knives has a slightly different finish and is unique in the mottled pattern and how the exposed layers of steel taper down to the high polish cutting edge.
- Blade Length: 133mm (Measurement of the cutting edge)
- Total Length: 249mm (Blade + Handle)
- Blade Thickness: 1.7mm (Measured level with heel)
- Blade Height: 37.1mm (Heel to spine)
- Total Weight: 106 grams
- Core Steel: VG10
- Cladding Steel: Stainless
- Hardness: 60 (HRC)
- Handle Style: Western
- Handle Material: Pakka or mahogany wood in various colours
- Left or Right handed: Either (Double Bevel)
Product SKU: 2512
Our aim is to measure and photograph all our products as accurately as possible but due to the handmade nature of many items, please be aware that there may be some variance in the measurements and that things such as blade and knife handle patterns can vary and presentation boxes may differ from those shown but we will always endeavour to provide the most accurate measurements, photos and descriptions of our products.
Some measurements such as HRC are provided by the manufacturer and should therefore be used as a guide.
Made in Echizen, Masutani san's experience dates back many years both as a blacksmith and an excellent knife sharpener and his own ranges of knives combine elegant good looks and sharpness at a price point that is almost unbeatable for what they deliver.