Night and day - the black pakka wood handle and steel rivets beautifully offset the tall block of a blade that has a unique mottled pattern and flowing lines showing off the exposed steel layers and cutting edge on each and every one.
Despite looking a bit like a meat cleaver, the nakiri style of knife is meant for chopping veg, it has a very flat cutting edge and the height enables good knuckle clearance and the blade is perfect for scooping large amounts of veg into a pot.
- Blade Length: 165mm (Measurement of the cutting edge)
- Total Length: 290mm (Blade + Handle)
- Blade width: 1.76mm (Measured where blade enters handle)
- Blade height: 45.1mm Heel to spine
- Total weight: 154 grams
- Steel Type - Cladding: Stainless
- Steel Type - Cutting edge: VG10
- Left or Right handed: Either
- Hardness: 60 HRC
- Handle style: Western
- Handle material: Black pakka wood with steel rivets
Our aim is to measure everything as accurately as possible but some specifications (such as hardness for example) are provided by the manufacturer and therefore should be used as a guide only.
What you get
Made in Echizen, Masutani san's experience dates back many years both as a blacksmith and an excellent knife sharpener and his own ranges of knives combine elegant good looks and sharpness at a price point that is almost unbeatable for what they deliver.