Made in small batches by hand in a small forge, every one has a slightly different finish and is unique in the mottled pattern and how the exposed layers of steel taper down to the high polish cutting edge. It's beautiful to look at as well as use.
Santoku translates as '3 uses' - mincing, dicing and chopping and is a great all-purpose knife. It will handle most jobs and is probably the most popular knife style we sell and for the craft and skill that has gone into making this knife, the price is exceptional.
- Blade Length: 172mm (Measurement of the cutting edge)
- Total Length: 296mm (Blade + Handle)
- Blade width: 1.83mm (Measured where blade enters handle)
- Blade height: 47mm (Heel to spine)
- Total weight: 138 grams
- Steel Type - Cladding: Stainless
- Steel Type - Cutting edge: VG10
- Left or Right handed: Either
- Hardness: 60 (HRC)
- Handle style: Western
- Handle material: Black pakka wood with steel rivets
Our aim is to measure everything as accurately as possible but some specifications (such as hardness for example) are provided by the manufacturer and therefore should be used as a guide only.
What you get
Made in Echizen, Masutani san's experience dates back many years both as a blacksmith and an excellent knife sharpener and his own ranges of knives combine elegant good looks and sharpness at a price point that is almost unbeatable for what they deliver.