A stunning mid sized petty from Mutsumi san, this will be a firm favourite in your collection in no time!
Product quick view
Want to see a little more of the knife? Check out what the knife looks like in hand and up close.
- Blade Length: 142mm (Measurement of the cutting edge)
- Total Length: 271mm (Blade + Handle)
- Blade Thickness: 3.09mm (Measured level with heel)
- Blade Height: 36mm (Heel to spine)
- Total Weight: 88 grams
- Steel Type - Cladding: Stainless
- Steel Type - Core: Blue Steel #2
This knife is made from a reactive carbon steel which is not stainless and has some special care instructions and properties – Read our carbon steel care guide here
- Left or Right handed: Either
- Hardness: 62-63 (HRC)
- Handle Style: Japanese
- Handle Material: Oval burnt chestnut with black buffalo ferrule
Product SKU: 12001
Our aim is to measure and photograph all our products as accurately as possible but due to the handmade nature of many items, please be aware that there may be some variance in the measurements and that things such as blade and knife handle patterns can vary and presentation boxes may differ from those shown but we will always endeavour to provide the most accurate measurements, photos and descriptions of our products.
Some measurements such as HRC are provided by the manufacturer and should therefore be used as a guide.
Compatable saya or guard
Mutsumi Hinoura is a 4th generation blacksmith working with his famous father Tsukasa in the family workshop and is well regarded and respected for his own skill and style and the quality of his knives which are forged by hand using traditional techniques using his considerable experience gained over more than 20 years