This mid sized gyuto is an absolute work of art. The finish and quality all over is a sight to behold and in hand it's well balanced with a wicked edge for taking on any task in the kitchen.
The migaki tsuchime hand hammered finish creates is unique on every knife and created by hand by the master blacksmiths at Nigara Hamono. This is a knife deserving of top billing in any kitchen.
- Blade Length: 230mm (Measurement of the cutting edge)
- Total Length: 375mm (Blade + Handle)
- Blade width: 2.2mm (Measured where blade enters handle)
- Blade height: 48mm Heel to spine
- Total weight: 179 grams
- Steel Type - Cladding: Stainless
- Steel Type - Cutting edge: SG2
- Left or Right handed: Either
- Hardness: 62 HRC
- Handle style: Japanese
- Handle material: Octagonal teak with black bolster
Our aim is to measure everything as accurately as possible but some specifications (such as hardness for example) are provided by the manufacturer and therefore should be used as a guide only.
What you get
A legendary name in sword and knife making stretching back 8 generations and 350 years. You simply don't get much more skill going into each blade.