A wonderfully balanced and sensationally finished kiritsuke gyuto ready to take pride of place in the kitchen.
- Blade Length: 197mm (Measurement of the cutting edge)
- Total Length: 344mm (Blade + Handle)
- Blade width: 2.2mm (Measured where blade enters handle)
- Blade height: 49mm (Heel to spine)
- Total weight: 147 grams
- Sharpness score: 150 (See how we measure this)
- Steel Type - Cladding: Stainless
- Steel Type - Cutting edge: SG2
- Left or Right handed: Either
- Hardness: 62 (HRC)
- Handle style: Japanese
- Handle material: Octagonal teak (on Migaki finish) or walnut (on Kurouchi finish) with black bolster
Our aim is to measure everything as accurately as possible but some specifications (such as hardness for example) are provided by the manufacturer and therefore should be used as a guide only.
What you get
A legendary name in sword and knife making stretching back 8 generations and 350 years. You simply don't get much more skill going into each blade.