Sakai Takayuki Moonlit Waves Gyuto 180mm
The handle of a classic Western knife with the beauty of a Japanese blade. Jaw dropping beauty and performance. This is the smaller of this range of Chef knives.
Featuring a quality handle; solid and weighty with a full tang which is unusual for a Japanese knife but that is why this one is so popular, it brings together the quality and beauty of Japanese steel with a more familiar Western handle. The blade is sharp as you'd expect and simply wonderful to look at.
Certainly a pleasure to use or just stare at.
- Blade Length 185mm (Measurement of the cutting edge)
- Total Length 307mm (Blade + Handle)
- Blade width 3mm (Measured where blade enters handle)
- Blade height 43mm Heel to spine
- Total weight 172 grams
- Steel Type - Cladding Stainless
- Steel Type - Cutting edge VG10
- Left or Right handed Either
- Hardness 60-61 HRC
- Handle style Western
Our aim is to measure everything as accurately as possible but some specifications (such as hardness for example) are provided by the manufacturer and therefore should be used as a guide only.
Well known and respected, Sakai knives are created by a skilled team of craftsmen and as a company have been creating knives for more than 600 years.