Yanagibas are traditionally used for cutting fish and can be used for sashimi and sushi.
Featuring a quality handle; solid and weighty with a full tang which is unusual for a Japanese knife but that is why this one is so popular, it brings together the quality and beauty of Japanese steel with a more familiar Western handle. The blade is sharp as you'd expect and simply wonderful to look at.
Certainly a pleasure to use or just stare at.
- Blade Length: 290mm (Measurement of the cutting edge)
- Total Length: 433mm (Blade + Handle)
- Blade width: 3mm (Measured where blade enters handle)
- Blade height: 39mm (Heel to spine)
- Total weight: 233 grams
- Steel Type - Cladding: Stainless
- Steel Type - Cutting edge: VG10
- Left or Right handed: Either
- Hardness: 60-61 (HRC)
- Handle style: Western
Our aim is to measure everything as accurately as possible but some specifications (such as hardness for example) are provided by the manufacturer and therefore should be used as a guide only.
What you get
Well known and respected, Sakai knives are created by a skilled team of craftsmen and as a company have been creating knives for more than 600 years.