Nimble and well balanced with a classic hammer finish, the mid sized gyuto is a perfect all rounder to add to your collection or pick as a first Japanese chef knife.
The hammer finish on every one is unique and you'll enjoy looking at the knife almost as much as you'll love using it!
Product quick view
Want to see a little more of the knife? Check out what the knife looks like in hand and up close.
- Blade Length: 216mm (Measurement of the cutting edge)
- Total Length: 354mm (Blade + Handle)
- Blade width: 2.22mm (Measured where blade enters handle)
- Blade height: 46.4mm (Heel to spine)
- Total weight: 142 grams
- Sharpness score: 171 (See how we measure this)
- Steel Type - Cladding: Stainless
- Steel Type - Cutting edge: Super Blue Steel
- Left or Right handed: Either
- Hardness: 63-64 (HRC)
- Handle style: Japanese
- Handle material: Oval cherry with red pakka bolster
Product SKU: 7503
Our aim is to measure and photograph all our products as accurately as possible but due to the handmade nature of many items, please be aware that there may be some variance in the measurements and that things such as blade and knife handle patterns can vary and presentation boxes may differ from those shown but we will always endeavour to provide the most accurate measurements, photos and descriptions of our products.
Some measurements such as HRC are provided by the manufacturer and should therefore be used as a guide.
Tsunehisa is a brand that supply knives from a range of blacksmiths and forges from around Japan including Sakai, Tosa and Seki and as such the range of knives available under the Tsunehisa name features a wide range of steels, styles and finishes but each one has a high level of quality and finish in common.