The unique mottled pattern and exposed steel layers running the length of this slick looking, well built and finished gyuto from Masutani-san demonstrates his decades of experience as a blacksmith and sharpener.
This is a wonderful chef knife made by an expert blacksmith but with a price tag that represents astonishingly good value for money.
- Blade Length: 181mm (Measurement of the cutting edge)
- Total Length: 308mm (Blade + Handle)
- Blade width: 1.74mm (Measured where blade enters handle)
- Blade height: 43.2mm Heel to spine
- Total weight: 135 grams
- Steel Type - Cladding: Stainless
- Steel Type - Cutting edge: VG10
- Left or Right handed: Either
- Hardness: 60 HRC
- Handle style: Western
- Handle material: Black pakka wood with steel rivets
Our aim is to measure everything as accurately as possible but some specifications (such as hardness for example) are provided by the manufacturer and therefore should be used as a guide only.
What you get
Made in Echizen, Masutani san's experience dates back many years both as a blacksmith and an excellent knife sharpener and his own ranges of knives combine elegant good looks and sharpness at a price point that is almost unbeatable for what they deliver.