The latest addition to our stock of the ever popular ZDP-189 range, the gyuto 210mm. Gyuto translates literally as 'cow sword' and is your go to chef's knife. With more of a meat bias than a santoku it has more of an elongated tip and generally a bit less height.
The handle is a walnut octagonal with a black pakka ferrule.
The knife is made from a core steel of ZDP-189, a very hard steel (66-67 HRC), which means it can achieve and hold an incredibly sharp edge and has a stunning kurouchi (or blacksmith) finish.
- Blade Length: 212mm (Measurement of the cutting edge)
- Total Length: 347mm (Blade + Handle)
- Blade width: 1.5mm (Measured where blade enters handle)
- Blade height: 45mm Heel to spine
- Total weight: 155 grams
- Steel Type - Cladding: Stainless
- Steel Type - Cutting edge: ZDP-189
- Left or Right handed: Either
- Hardness: 66-67 HRC
- Handle style: Japanese
Our aim is to measure everything as accurately as possible but some specifications (such as hardness for example) are provided by the manufacturer and therefore should be used as a guide only.
What you get
Yoshida Hamono is a family-owned Japanese company with an age-long tradition in manufacturing state-of-the-art tools and Japanese swords (katanas) by hand.