An incredible high polish patterned finish unique to every knife makes this beautiful range stand out a mile.
Pettys are great for those little fiddly jobs and are perfect where chopping space is at a premium. This is the larger of the two pettys we sell in the Shizuku range.
There are some jobs where a smaller blade is called for, peeling fruit, segmenting an orange, carving meat off a small chicken. All involve an amount of "fiddliness" which although you could probably make do with a Chef's knife if you had to, it is just much nicer and safer to do with a smaller blade.
- Blade Length: 146mm (Measurement of the cutting edge)
- Total Length: 277mm (Blade + Handle)
- Blade width: 2mm (Measured where blade enters handle)
- Blade height: 30mm Heel to spine
- Total weight: 75 grams
- Steel Type - Cladding: Stainless
- Steel Type - Cutting edge: Powder
- Left or Right handed: Either
- Hardness: 61-62 HRC
- Handle style: Japanese
- Handle material: Octagonal rosewood
Our aim is to measure everything as accurately as possible but some specifications (such as hardness for example) are provided by the manufacturer and therefore should be used as a guide only.
What you get
The youngest blacksmith to be granted the title of Master Nokaji and senior teacher at Takefu Knife Village, the skill and craft put into each of his knives is clear to see.