Strikingly bold looks with a lovely feel and balance to this knife make it a great choice for an all round chef knife.
The Bunka combines the best of the Nakiri and Santoku shapes to create a visually interesting blade that performs excellently preparing both meat and vegetables.
The stainless, powdered R2 steel used in the blade construction is very thin which lends itself to taking a very sharp edge and is hard enough to handle daily use without needing to worry about its strength.
There is a specially made saya to fit this knife.
- Blade Length: 183mm (Measurement of the cutting edge)
- Total Length: 324mm (Blade + Handle)
- Blade width: 2mm (Measured where blade enters handle)
- Blade height: 53mm Heel to spine
- Total weight: 120 grams
- Steel Type - Cladding: Powder
- Steel Type - Cutting edge: Powder
- Left or Right handed: Either
- Hardness: 62-63 HRC
- Handle style: Japanese
Our aim is to measure everything as accurately as possible but some specifications (such as hardness for example) are provided by the manufacturer and therefore should be used as a guide only.
Shibata san is one of the top knife sharpeners in Japan and his knife making skill extends to his own beautiful Kotetsu range.