An astonishingly sharp knife made from some of the hardest steel we've seen, it will hold its edge for a very long time and looks great while making short work of any food in front of it.
The unique shape of the bunka knife means that it is perfect for veg prep and for intricate tip work. The knife is made from a core steel of ZDP-189, a very hard steel (66-67 HRC), which means it can achieve and hold an incredibly sharp edge.
- Blade Length: 188mm (Measurement of the cutting edge)
- Total Length: 322mm (Blade + Handle)
- Blade width: 2mm (Measured where blade enters handle)
- Blade height: 51mm Heel to spine
- Total weight: 148 grams
- Steel Type - Cladding: Stainless
- Steel Type - Cutting edge: ZDP-189
- Left or Right handed: Either
- Hardness: 66-67 HRC
- Handle style: Japanese
Our aim is to measure everything as accurately as possible but some specifications (such as hardness for example) are provided by the manufacturer and therefore should be used as a guide only.
Yoshida Hamono is a family-owned Japanese company with an age-long tradition in manufacturing state-of-the-art tools and Japanese swords (katanas) by hand.