- Blade Length: 199mm (Measurement of the cutting edge)
- Total Length: 338mm (Blade + Handle)
- Blade Thickness: 2mm (Measured level with heel)
- Blade Height: 47.8mm (Heel to spine)
- Total Weight: 139 grams
- Core Steel: R2
- Cladding Steel: Stainless
- Hardness: 62-63 (HRC)
- Handle Style: Japanese
- Handle Material: Octgonal rosewood
- Left or Right handed: Either (Double Bevel)
Product SKU: CUS-0010
Our aim is to measure and photograph all our products as accurately as possible but due to the handmade nature of many items, please be aware that there may be some variance in the measurements and that things such as blade and knife handle patterns can vary and presentation boxes may differ from those shown but we will always endeavour to provide the most accurate measurements, photos and descriptions of our products.
Some measurements such as HRC are provided by the manufacturer and should therefore be used as a guide.
Protection & care for this knife
Shibata san is one of the top knife sharpeners in Japan and his ranges are famed for the quality of sharpness and finish.