A versatile all round knife, the Funayuki style of knife was traditionally used on Japanese fishing boats to prepare meals at sea and perform a range of cleaning and prep jobs.
Product Quick View
Want to see a little more of the knife? Check out what the knife looks like in hand and up close.
- Blade Length: 167mm (Measurement of the cutting edge)
- Total Length: 308mm (Blade + Handle)
- Blade Thickness: 2.92mm (Measured level with heel)
- Blade Height: 44.2mm (Heel to spine)
- Total Weight: 105 grams
- Core Steel: Blue Steel #1
- Cladding Steel: Soft Iron
- Hardness: 61-63 (HRC)
- Handle Style: Japanese
- Handle Material: Magnolia (light) with plastic bolster or octagonal (dark) pakka
- Left or Right handed: Either (Double Bevel)
Product SKU: 1213
Our aim is to measure and photograph all our products as accurately as possible but due to the handmade nature of many items, please be aware that there may be some variance in the measurements and that things such as blade and knife handle patterns can vary and presentation boxes may differ from those shown but we will always endeavour to provide the most accurate measurements, photos and descriptions of our products.
Some measurements such as HRC are provided by the manufacturer and should therefore be used as a guide.
Protection & care for this knife
Takeo Murata is a blacksmith from Kochi Japan who began his apprenticeship at 16 in 1965 and is famed for his craftsmanship and the balance of his knives.