A mid-sized gyuto perfect for most things you'll need to do in the kitchen.
The iconic HD2 knives by Konosuke are well known for being laser thin and razor sharp. HD2 is a mono steel and for those familiar with the GS+ (a 3 layer steel) the comparison between the two is that these are a little less stainless the the GS+ but will hold an edge for longer, this is due to having more chromium in the steel.
- Blade Length: 200mm (Measurement of the cutting edge)
- Total Length: 356mm (Blade + Handle)
- Blade Thickness: 2mm (Measured level with heel)
- Blade Height: 49mm (Heel to spine)
- Total Weight: 122 grams
- Steel Type - Cladding: HD2 Semi Stainless
- Steel Type - Core: HD2 Semi Stainless
This knife is made from a reactive carbon steel which is not stainless and has some special care instructions and properties – Read our carbon steel care guide here
- Left or Right handed: Either
- Handle Style: Japanese
- Handle Material: Octagonal laurel wood from Studio Khii
Product SKU: 1402
Our aim is to measure and photograph all our products as accurately as possible but due to the handmade nature of many items, please be aware that there may be some variance in the measurements and that things such as blade and knife handle patterns can vary and presentation boxes may differ from those shown but we will always endeavour to provide the most accurate measurements, photos and descriptions of our products.
Some measurements such as HRC are provided by the manufacturer and should therefore be used as a guide.
Konosuke Knives and Cutlery Company are based in Sakai City and their fit and finish on all their knives is second to none.