The magnificent patterns created by Kurosaki san on this knife are paired with one of the most amazing custom handles we've seen to date - made by @letshandlethis, the brown mallee burl featuring a trustone and black g10 spacer collar has an amazing dark honeycomb resin body that glows in the dark*
We do however recommend cooking with the lights on!
- Blade Length: 247mm (Measurement of the cutting edge)
- Total Length: 406mm (Blade + Handle)
- Blade Thickness: 4mm (Measured level with heel)
- Blade Height: 52mm (Heel to spine)
- Total Weight: 181 grams
- Core Steel: White #2
- Cladding Steel: Stainless
- Hardness: 61-63 (HRC)
- Handle Style: Japanese
- Handle Material: Octagonal white magnolia with black pakka wood bolster
- Left or Right handed: Either (Double Bevel)
Product SKU: CUS-0006
Our aim is to measure and photograph all our products as accurately as possible but due to the handmade nature of many items, please be aware that there may be some variance in the measurements and that things such as blade and knife handle patterns can vary and presentation boxes may differ from those shown but we will always endeavour to provide the most accurate measurements, photos and descriptions of our products.
Some measurements such as HRC are provided by the manufacturer and should therefore be used as a guide.
Protection & care for this knife
The youngest blacksmith to be granted the title of Master Nokaji and senior teacher at Takefu Knife Village, the skill and craft put into each of his knives is clear to see.