A real understated beauty that combines the best of all worlds, its VG10 core clad in an easy to maintain stainless mean performance is excellent and the polished finish provides a visual treat when it's stored on your knife rack.
Well balanced and nimble we think Tanaka san has created an excellent knife for a wide range of cooks and collectors.
Product Quick View
Want to see a little more of the knife? Check out what the knife looks like in hand and up close.
- Blade Length: 245mm (Measurement of the cutting edge)
- Total Length: 393mm (Blade + Handle)
- Blade Thickness: 2.37mm (Measured level with heel)
- Blade Height: 54mm (Heel to spine)
- Total Weight: 183 grams
- Core Steel: VG10
- Cladding Steel: Stainless
- Hardness: 62 (HRC)
- Handle Style: Japanese
- Handle Material: Octagonal wa teak and black buffalo horn. Custom handles also available.
- Left or Right handed: Either (Double Bevel)
Product SKU: 8552
Our aim is to measure and photograph all our products as accurately as possible but due to the handmade nature of many items, please be aware that there may be some variance in the measurements and that things such as blade and knife handle patterns can vary and presentation boxes may differ from those shown but we will always endeavour to provide the most accurate measurements, photos and descriptions of our products.
Some measurements such as HRC are provided by the manufacturer and should therefore be used as a guide.
Protection & care for this knife
A fourth generation blacksmith, Shigeki Tanaka and his small workshop based in Miki City are highly regarded for their skill and experience which has been passed down through the generations.