The Ko-Bunka is smaller than its larger brother the Bunka, this boning knife is perfect for cleaning, dressing and cutting all types of meaty goodness.
The Bunka combines the best of the Nakiri and Santoku shapes to create a visually interesting blade that performs excellently preparing both meat and vegetables.
The stainless, powdered R2 steel used in the blade construction is very thin which lends itself to taking a very sharp edge and is hard enough to handle daily use without needing to worry about its strength.
There is a specially made saya to fit this knife.
- Blade Length: 136mm (Measurement of the cutting edge)
- Total Length: 268mm (Blade + Handle)
- Blade width: 2mm (Measured where blade enters handle)
- Blade height: 40mm (Heel to spine)
- Total weight: 81 grams
- Steel Type - Cladding: Powder
- Steel Type - Cutting edge: Powder
- Left or Right handed: Either
- Hardness: 62-63 (HRC)
- Handle style: Japanese
- Handle material: Octgonal rosewood
- Restock Time: Approximately 6 months Approximate timescale for restocking this knife if stock levels are low
Our aim is to measure everything as accurately as possible but some specifications (such as hardness for example) are provided by the manufacturer and therefore should be used as a guide only.
What you get
Shibata san is one of the top knife sharpeners in Japan and his knife making skill extends to his own beautiful Kotetsu range.