Poised and ready to make short work of all your veggies, the unique pattern of hammer finish isn't just for looks - it's to help the knife glide through the food and release as you cut.
The nakiri might look like a meat cleaver but it's a typical vegetable knife shape designed to help scoop your chopped veg into the pan with ease. Every knife in the V1 range is uniquely hammer finished and combines nicely with the more Western styled handle and we'd be remiss not to point out that the price for this knife is exceptional for the level of finish and quality on offer.
- Blade Length: 160mm (Measurement of the cutting edge)
- Total Length: 292mm (Blade + Handle)
- Blade width: 1.8mm (Measured where blade enters handle)
- Blade height: 44.8mm (Heel to spine)
- Total weight: 144 grams
- Steel Type - Cladding: Stainless
- Steel Type - Cutting edge: VG1
- Left or Right handed: Either
- Hardness: 60 (HRC)
- Handle style: Western
- Handle material: Rosewood with 2 steel rivets
Our aim is to measure everything as accurately as possible but some specifications (such as hardness for example) are provided by the manufacturer and therefore should be used as a guide only.
What you get
Why buy this range
Made in Echizen, Masutani san's experience dates back many years both as a blacksmith and an excellent knife sharpener and his own ranges of knives combine elegant good looks and sharpness at a price point that is almost unbeatable for what they deliver.