A long petty for those who love the low profile but prefer the increased length and versaility over a similar length chef knife.
Product Quick View
Want to see a little more of the knife? Check out what the knife looks like in hand and up close.
- Blade Length: 205mm (Measurement of the cutting edge)
- Total Length: 356mm (Blade + Handle)
- Blade Thickness: 3.85mm (Measured level with heel)
- Blade Height: 40.9mm (Heel to spine)
- Total Weight: 175 grams
- Core Steel: White #2
- Cladding Steel: Soft Iron
- Hardness: 60-61 (HRC)
- Handle Style: Japanese
- Handle Material: Oval magnolia with black buffalo ferrule
- Left or Right handed: Either (Double Bevel)
Product SKU: 9353
Our aim is to measure and photograph all our products as accurately as possible but due to the handmade nature of many items, please be aware that there may be some variance in the measurements and that things such as blade and knife handle patterns can vary and presentation boxes may differ from those shown but we will always endeavour to provide the most accurate measurements, photos and descriptions of our products.
Some measurements such as HRC are provided by the manufacturer and should therefore be used as a guide.
Protection & care for this knife
Mutsumi Hinoura is a 4th generation blacksmith working with his famous father Tsukasa in the family workshop and is well regarded and respected for his own skill and style and the quality of his knives which are forged by hand using traditional techniques using his considerable experience gained over more than 20 years