A super nakiri with a relatively flat profile, its traditional construction also adds a little extra weight which really helps this knife power through vegetables with ease.
The grind down to the white #1 steel core and classic kurouchi finish combine nicely to create a subtle but classic knife that will age beautifully as it develops a full patina with use.
- Blade Length: 174mm (Measurement of the cutting edge)
- Total Length: 324mm (Blade + Handle)
- Blade width: 3.7mm (Measured where blade enters handle)
- Blade height: 51.7mm (Heel to spine)
- Total weight: 183 grams
- Sharpness score: 114 (See how we measure this)
- Steel Type - Cladding: Soft Iron
- Steel Type - Cutting edge: White #1
- Left or Right handed: Either
- Hardness: 62-63 (HRC)
- Handle style: Japanese
- Handle material: Oval cherry wood with a black plastic bolster
- Restock Time: 9-12 months Approximate timescale for restocking this knife if stock levels are low
Our aim is to measure everything as accurately as possible but some specifications (such as hardness for example) are provided by the manufacturer and therefore should be used as a guide only.
What you get
Based in Kumamoto, Nishida San became a disciple to another blacksmith when he was 19. After 9 years training, in 2006, he went his own way and opened his own workshop. He works with White #1 steel in the traditional hand-made way.