The nakiri is a staple knife in Japanese households and is used for preparing vegetables.
This is a beautiful example of a nakiri with a traditional blacksmith, or kurouchi finish. This will help protect the knife but as it is carbon steel you will still get a patina developing where the kurouchi stops so wiping after every use is recommended.
- Blade Length: 170mm (Measurement of the cutting edge)
- Total Length: 320mm (Blade + Handle)
- Blade width: 3mm (Measured where blade enters handle)
- Blade height: 50mm Heel to spine
- Total weight: 207 grams
- Steel Type - Cladding: White #1
- Steel Type - Cutting edge: White #1
- Left or Right handed: Either
- Hardness: 62-63 HRC
- Handle style: Japanese
Our aim is to measure everything as accurately as possible but some specifications (such as hardness for example) are provided by the manufacturer and therefore should be used as a guide only.
What you getBlack cardboard box with red stepped inlay.
Based in Kumamoto, 42 year old Nishida San became a disciple to another blacksmith when he was 19. After 9 years training, in 2006, he went his own way and opened his own workshop. He works with White #1 steel in the traditional hand-made way.