Outstanding fit and finish, this is a beautiful petty from master blacksmith Yoshikazu Tanaka.
Product Quick View
Want to see a little more of the knife? Check out what the knife looks like in hand and up close.
- Blade Length: 150mm (Measurement of the cutting edge)
- Total Length: 278mm (Blade + Handle)
- Blade Thickness: 1.94mm (Measured level with heel)
- Blade Height: 29.6mm (Heel to spine)
- Total Weight: 67 grams
- Core Steel: White #1
- Cladding Steel: Stainless
- Hardness: 63-64 (HRC)
- Handle Style: Japanese
- Handle Material: Octagonal magnolia with black buffalo bolster
- Left or Right handed: Either (Double Bevel)
Product SKU: 12401
Our aim is to measure and photograph all our products as accurately as possible but due to the handmade nature of many items, please be aware that there may be some variance in the measurements and that things such as blade and knife handle patterns can vary and presentation boxes may differ from those shown but we will always endeavour to provide the most accurate measurements, photos and descriptions of our products.
Some measurements such as HRC are provided by the manufacturer and should therefore be used as a guide.
Protection & care for this knife
Tanaka san is one of the leading blacksmiths in the Sakai region.