Light, nimble and good looking, this tiny petty with its angular tip is perfect for intricate cutting jobs.
The stainless, powdered R2 steel used in the blade construction is very thin which lends itself to taking a very sharp edge and is hard enough to handle daily use without needing to worry about its strength.
There is a specially made saya to fit this knife.
- Blade Length: 147mm (Measurement of the cutting edge)
- Total Length: 280mm (Blade + Handle)
- Blade width: 2mm (Measured where blade enters handle)
- Blade height: 29mm Heel to spine
- Total weight: 68 grams
- Steel Type - Cladding: Powder
- Steel Type - Cutting edge: Powder
- Left or Right handed: Either
- Hardness: 62-63 HRC
- Handle style: Japanese
Our aim is to measure everything as accurately as possible but some specifications (such as hardness for example) are provided by the manufacturer and therefore should be used as a guide only.
What you get
Shibata san is one of the top knife sharpeners in Japan and his knife making skill extends to his own beautiful Kotetsu range.