A one of a kind green and subtle purple custom handle made with big leaf maple and 8000 year old bog oak combined with the incredible matt migake tsuchime finished blade elevate this into the next level of awesome from Nigara Hamono.
Handle made by UK craftsman @letshandlethis.
Product quick view
Want to see a little more of the knife? Check out what the knife looks like in hand and up close.
- Blade Length: 170mm (Measurement of the cutting edge)
- Total Length: 311mm (Blade + Handle)
- Blade Thickness: 2.23mm (Measured level with heel)
- Blade Height: 50.1mm (Heel to spine)
- Total Weight: 141 grams
- Steel Type - Cladding: Stainless
- Steel Type - Core: SG2
- Left or Right handed: Either
- Hardness: 62 (HRC)
- Handle Style: Japanese
- Handle Material: Octagonal walnut (on Kurouchi finish) or teak (on Matt Migaki finish) with black buffalo bolster. Custom handles also available.
Product SKU: 10859
Our aim is to measure and photograph all our products as accurately as possible but due to the handmade nature of many items, please be aware that there may be some variance in the measurements and that things such as blade and knife handle patterns can vary and presentation boxes may differ from those shown but we will always endeavour to provide the most accurate measurements, photos and descriptions of our products.
Some measurements such as HRC are provided by the manufacturer and should therefore be used as a guide.
A legendary name in sword and knife making stretching back 8 generations and 350 years. You simply don't get much more skill going into each blade.