A general purpose knife that can be used for most tasks in the kitchen.
At a glance
We have personally tested and reviewed this knife to give you an honest and personal opinion about it and this is how it rates.
The technical bits
- Blade length 187 mm (Measurement of the cutting edge)
- Total length 330 mm (Blade + Handle)
- Blade width 5 mm (Measured where blade enters handle)
- Blade height 50 mm Heel to spine
- Total weight 167 grams
- Blade Material cutting edge, laminated in
- Hardness 62:63 HRC
- Style Japanese
- Handle Style Japanese
- Tang Style Half
- Left or right handed Both
Our aim is to measure everything as accurately as possible but some specifications (such as hardness for example) are provided by the manufacturer and therefore should be used as a guide only.
What You Get
Black cardboard box with red stepped inlay.
What is a knife?
A versatile all round knife, the Funayuki style of knife was traditionally used on Japanese fishing boats to prepare meals at sea and perform a range of cleaning and prep jobs. In Japan, typically only executive chefs are permitted to use this style of knife because the thin blade can easily chip in less skilled hands.