A mid-sized petty perfect for the smaller jobs in the kitchen.
At a glance
We have personally tested and reviewed this knife to give you an honest and personal opinion about it and this is how it rates.
The technical bits
- Blade length 142 mm (Measurement of the cutting edge)
- Total length 262 mm (Blade + Handle)
- Blade width 2 mm (Measured where blade enters handle)
- Blade height 29 mm Heel to spine
- Total weight 57 grams
- Blade Material Powder cutting edge, laminated in Stainless
- Hardness 62 HRC
- Style Japanese
- Handle Style Japanese
- Tang Style Half
- Left or right handed Both
- Type Petty
Our aim is to measure everything as accurately as possible but some specifications (such as hardness for example) are provided by the manufacturer and therefore should be used as a guide only.
What You Get
The knife comes in a red box with gold lettering. Inside there's a stepped cardboard interior with a sharpening instructions leaflet in Japanese. The blade is covered in a brown paper sheath.
What is a Petty knife?
A petty knife is a small utility knife designed mainly for delicate work like cutting herbs or small fruits or vegetables.