At a glance
We have personally tested and reviewed this knife to give you an honest and personal opinion about it and this is how it rates.
The technical bits
- Blade length 146 mm (Measurement of the cutting edge)
- Total length 277 mm (Blade + Handle)
- Blade width 3.1 mm (Measured where blade enters handle)
- Blade height 30 mm Heel to spine
- Total weight 85 grams
- Blade Material cutting edge, laminated in
- Hardness 61:62 HRC
- Style Japanese
- Handle Style Japanese
- Tang Style Half
- Left or right handed Both
- Type Petty
Our aim is to measure everything as accurately as possible but some specifications (such as hardness for example) are provided by the manufacturer and therefore should be used as a guide only.
What You Get
The White #2 range is packaged in a red protective cardboard presentation box and each blade is wrapped in anti-corrosion paper and a then pages of the Japanese newspaper from the day it was finished and boxed up by the blacksmith.
What is a Petty knife?
A petty knife is a small utility knife designed mainly for delicate work like cutting herbs or small fruits or vegetables.