At a glance
We have personally tested and reviewed this knife to give you an honest and personal opinion about it and this is how it rates.
The technical bits
- Blade length 168 mm (Measurement of the cutting edge)
- Total length 317 mm (Blade + Handle)
- Blade width 2.8 mm (Measured where blade enters handle)
- Blade height 43 mm Heel to spine
- Total weight 121 grams
- Blade Material cutting edge, laminated in
- Hardness 61:62 HRC
- Style Japanese
- Handle Style Japanese
- Tang Style Half
- Left or right handed Both
- Type Santoku
Our aim is to measure everything as accurately as possible but some specifications (such as hardness for example) are provided by the manufacturer and therefore should be used as a guide only.
What You Get
The White #2 range is packaged in a red protective cardboard presentation box and each blade is wrapped in anti-corrosion paper and a then pages of the Japanese newspaper from the day it was finished and boxed up by the blacksmith.
What is a Santoku knife?
Looking like a small chef's knife, the Santoku (san-too-koo) is a Japanese knife used for chopping vegetables and meats. It's possible it might become your new favourite knife.
You can read more about Santoku knives if we've got you interested in them.