At a glance
We have personally tested and reviewed this knife to give you an honest and personal opinion about it and this is how it rates.
The technical bits
- Blade length 267 mm (Measurement of the cutting edge)
- Total length 422 mm (Blade + Handle)
- Blade width 2.9 mm (Measured where blade enters handle)
- Blade height 39 mm Heel to spine
- Total weight 166 grams
- Blade Material cutting edge, laminated in
- Hardness 61:62 HRC
- Style Japanese
- Handle Style Japanese
- Tang Style Half
- Left or right handed Both
Our aim is to measure everything as accurately as possible but some specifications (such as hardness for example) are provided by the manufacturer and therefore should be used as a guide only.
What You Get
The White #2 range is packaged in a red protective cardboard presentation box and each blade is wrapped in anti-corrosion paper and a then pages of the Japanese newspaper from the day it was finished and boxed up by the blacksmith.
What is a knife?
The sujihiki is the Japanese equivalent of a Western carving knife - slim and long to allow fewer passes of the blade through boneless pieces of meat it helps avoid tearing which gives a more succulent piece of meat as a result.