A knife capable of every job in the kitchen but with the lightness you'd expect of a much shorter knife.
At a glance
We have personally tested and reviewed this knife to give you an honest and personal opinion about it and this is how it rates.
The technical bits
- Blade length 244 mm (Measurement of the cutting edge)
- Total length 399 mm (Blade + Handle)
- Blade width 2 mm (Measured where blade enters handle)
- Blade height 48 mm Heel to spine
- Total weight 159 grams
- Blade Material Super Blue Steel cutting edge, laminated in Stainless
- Style Japanese
- Handle Style Japanese
- Tang Style Half
- Left or right handed Both
- Type Gyuto
Our aim is to measure everything as accurately as possible but some specifications (such as hardness for example) are provided by the manufacturer and therefore should be used as a guide only.
What is a Gyuto knife?
Ranging from 180mm to 270mm the Gyuto (translates as "beef-sword") is a general purpose chef's knife that are typically quite tall at the heel and pointed towards the tip for precision work. Ideal choice for all round use.
Still need some advice choosing the right knife?
We want you to be happy that you're buying the right knife for your cooking needs so if you're not sure what you need, here are some useful places to start.