At a glance
We have personally tested and reviewed this knife to give you an honest and personal opinion about it and this is how it rates.
The technical bits
- Blade length 210 mm (Measurement of the cutting edge)
- Total length 361 mm (Blade + Handle)
- Blade width 2.2 mm (Measured where blade enters handle)
- Blade height 44 mm Heel to spine
- Total weight 128 grams
- Blade Material VG10 cutting edge, laminated in Stainless
- Hardness 61 HRC
- Style Japanese
- Handle Style Western
- Tang Style Full
- Left or right handed Both
- Type Gyuto
Our aim is to measure everything as accurately as possible but some specifications (such as hardness for example) are provided by the manufacturer and therefore should be used as a guide only.
What You Get
You knife comes in a protective card presentation box that you can use to store it if you don't have a knife rack and the blade is additionally protected with a plastic sleeve.
What is a Gyuto knife?
Ranging from 180mm to 270mm the Gyuto (translates as "beef-sword") is a general purpose chef's knife that are typically quite tall at the heel and pointed towards the tip for precision work. Ideal choice for all round use.