At a glance
We have personally tested and reviewed this knife to give you an honest and personal opinion about it and this is how it rates.
The technical bits
- Blade length 240 mm (Measurement of the cutting edge)
- Total length 395 mm (Blade + Handle)
- Blade width 2.1 mm (Measured where blade enters handle)
- Blade height 36 mm Heel to spine
- Total weight 125 grams
- Blade Material VG10 cutting edge, laminated in Stainless
- Hardness 61 HRC
- Style Japanese
- Handle Style Western
- Tang Style Full
- Left or right handed Both
Our aim is to measure everything as accurately as possible but some specifications (such as hardness for example) are provided by the manufacturer and therefore should be used as a guide only.
What You Get
You knife comes in a protective card presentation box that you can use to store it if you don't have a knife rack and the blade is additionally protected with a plastic sleeve.
What is a knife?
The sujihiki is the Japanese equivalent of a Western carving knife - slim and long to allow fewer passes of the blade through boneless pieces of meat it helps avoid tearing which gives a more succulent piece of meat as a result.