The Japanese equivalent of a carving knife, perfect for those larger joints of meat and fish. The long hammer finished blade is designed to glide through food in a single stroke to help maintain the integrity of the ingredients for a better taste.
- Blade Length: 245mm (Measurement of the cutting edge)
- Total Length: 390mm (Blade + Handle)
- Blade width: 2.17mm (Measured where blade enters handle)
- Blade height: 36.9mm Heel to spine
- Total weight: 123 grams
- Steel Type - Cladding: Stainless
- Steel Type - Cutting edge: AUS-10
- Left or Right handed: Either
- Hardness: 60 HRC
- Handle style: Japanese
- Handle material: Magnolia
Our aim is to measure everything as accurately as possible but some specifications (such as hardness for example) are provided by the manufacturer and therefore should be used as a guide only.
What you get
Well known and respected, Sakai knives are created by a skilled team of craftsmen and as a company have been creating knives for more than 600 years.