A true classic knife from Shibata's highly sought after range, we've paired it with a spectacular and one of a kind custom handle made from Scottish Oak with a swirl of turquoise, black and white resin designed to represent Hokusai's Great Wave off Kanagawa.
From UK craftsman @letshandlethis this is a truly special one-off knife for one lucky owner.
Product quick view
Want to see a little more of the knife? Check out what the knife looks like in hand and up close.
- Blade Length: 215mm (Measurement of the cutting edge)
- Total Length: 357mm (Blade + Handle)
- Blade Thickness: 2mm (Measured level with heel)
- Blade Height: 47mm (Heel to spine)
- Total Weight: 144 grams
- Steel Type - Cladding: Stainless
- Steel Type - Core: Super Blue Steel
- Left or Right handed: Either
- Hardness: 63-64 (HRC)
- Handle Style: Japanese
- Handle Material: Octagonal rosewood
Product SKU: 1955
Our aim is to measure and photograph all our products as accurately as possible but due to the handmade nature of many items, please be aware that there may be some variance in the measurements and that things such as blade and knife handle patterns can vary and presentation boxes may differ from those shown but we will always endeavour to provide the most accurate measurements, photos and descriptions of our products.
Some measurements such as HRC are provided by the manufacturer and should therefore be used as a guide.
Takumi Ikeda/Takayuki Shibata
Made by Takumi Ikeda and sharpened by Shibata san who is one of the top knife sharpeners in Japan.