Every inch of this gyuto is a work of art. The skill and craftmanship that create the knife has been gained from generations of experience and it shows whichever part of the knife you look at.
Fitted with a full tang, one off handle featuring an amazing depth of detail and colour this is a true statement piece that pairs top of the line craftsmanship and style.
- Blade Length: 198mm (Measurement of the cutting edge)
- Total Length: 344mm (Blade + Handle)
- Blade width: 2.4mm (Measured where blade enters handle)
- Blade height: 48.6mm (Heel to spine)
- Total weight: 221 grams
- Steel Type - Cladding: Stainless
- Steel Type - Cutting edge: SG2
- Left or Right handed: Either
- Hardness: 62 (HRC)
- Handle style: Japanese
- Handle material: Octagonal teak (on Migaki finish) or walnut (on Kurouchi finish) with black bolster
Our aim is to measure everything as accurately as possible but some specifications (such as hardness for example) are provided by the manufacturer and therefore should be used as a guide only.
What you get
A legendary name in sword and knife making stretching back 8 generations and 350 years. You simply don't get much more skill going into each blade.