An excellent mid sized kiritsuke gyuto from Yoshikane Hamono that we've paired with a one off custom handle made from quilted maple with blue maple spacer and white G10 rings.
If you're looking for a truly one of a kind knife then look no further. The handle made by UK craftsman @letshandlethis finishes off the knife fantastically.
Product quick view
Want to see a little more of the knife? Check out what the knife looks like in hand and up close.
- Blade Length: 214mm (Measurement of the cutting edge)
- Total Length: 361mm (Blade + Handle)
- Blade width: 3.52mm (Measured where blade enters handle)
- Blade height: 50mm (Heel to spine)
- Steel Type - Cladding: Stainless
- Steel Type - Cutting edge: SKD
- Left or Right handed: Either
- Hardness: 62-63 (HRC)
- Handle style: Japanese
- Handle material: Octagonal wenge (custom handles also available)
Product SKU: 8757
Our aim is to measure and photograph all our products as accurately as possible but due to the handmade nature of many items, please be aware that there may be some variance in the measurements and that things such as blade and knife handle patterns can vary and presentation boxes may differ from those shown but we will always endeavour to provide the most accurate measurements, photos and descriptions of our products.
Some measurements such as HRC are provided by the manufacturer and should therefore be used as a guide.
Compatable saya or guard
Established in 1919 in the city of Sanjo, Yoshikane Hamono have a well deserved reputation for their high quality craftsmanship and finishing and this range of knives are forged by the 4th generation head of the factory Kazuomi Yamamoto.